Semantics: analysis or interpretation of word meaning? A linguistic approach to cup.
Heider, E. Hersh, H. Hill, J.
More Books by Christopher Golz
Ipsen, G. Janda, L. Katz, J. Kay, P. Kempton, W.
- Waiting for the Punchline (with Tab Staff).
- Mastering the Forehand!
- Flower Show Shawl Stole Wrap Crochet Pattern.
- III.3 Reusing others’ words: Resonance?
- Last Resort.
- Word Sense Disambiguation Book - Bibliography of WSD;
Labov, W. Lakoff, G. Langacker, R.unregeto.tk/the-belles-of-bonn-na-book-1.php
Lehrer, A. Loundsbury, F. Lyons, J.
Maclaury, R. Mccarthy, M. Mckaughan, H. Reuning, K.
Rosch, E. Ross, J. Sanjek, R. Sapir, E.
- The Shift Age Generations (Entering the Shift Age, eBook 4).
- Semantics: Analysis or Interpretation of Word Meaning? A Linguistic Approach to Cup..
- More Books by Christopher Golz.
- True Son of Tartarus (The Tartarus Trilogy Book 2).
Taylor, J. Trier, J.
Universals in Human Language. A Historical Perspective
Tylor, S. Ullmann, S. Wierzbicka, A. The structure of the paper and some details especially in chapter 4 are similar although neither intended nor grounded on Wierzbicka who focuses on lexicographic aspects of cup trying to give a satisfying dictionary entry.
LOT Summer School - LOT – Netherlands Graduate School of Linguistics
I begin with a very brief etymology of this word. In the 18th century, the most common drinking vessel, a mug, was replaced due to the introduction of the cup for hot liquids like tea, coffee or chocolate and the glass, used for cold liquids. The meaning of one word can therefore only be derived by comparing the sense relations to other words in the system.
This interdependence of meaning complicates a simple analysis.