The Second Creation
A team of scientists led by Ian Wilmut and Keith Campbell made history at the Roslin Institute near Edinburgh, Scotland, in when they cloned Dolly, a lamb, from the cell of an adult sheep. This procedure marked the first time a whole mammal was cloned using a single cultured adult body cell. This breakthrough revolutionized three technologies - genetic engineering, genomics and cloning - and brought science even closer to the possibility of human cloning.
To them, cloning has a different potential strength: as a powerful scientific model for studying the interactions of genes and their surroundings, and an extraordinary tool for understanding development and disease.
About the Authors
Such scientific insights will ultimately move science into the age of biological control. Already, researchers have incorporated into sheep the gene for human factor IX, a blood-clotting protein used to treat hemophilia. Scientists hope that, some day, mammary Start getting smarter: Email:.
- America as Second Creation.
- Le Convoi de lespoir (Littérature Française) (French Edition);
- Lafcadios Adventures: A Novel (Vintage International).
- JOVENCITAS VAMPIRESAS (Spanish Edition).
The Second Creation Summary
Americans widely believe that the United States Constitution was created when it was drafted in and ratified in When the Constitution first appeared, it was shrouded in uncertainty. Not only was its meaning unclear, but so too was its essential nature. Was the American Constitution a written text, or something else?
Was it a legal text?
- W B YEATS, VAIN, GLORIOUS, LOUT. A MAKER OF MODERN IRELAND..
- It Should Have Been You.
- A Texas Child (Mills & Boon Superromance) (Willow Creek, Texas, Book 3).
- Ghosts of America - Dallas & Vicinity (Ghosts of America Local Book 1).
- Jonathan Gienapp on The Second Creation | Department of History;
Was it finished or unfinished? What rules would guide its interpretation?
Tiruray the Second Creation - Words | Bartleby
Who would adjudicate competing readings? As political leaders put the Constitution to work, none of these questions had answers.
They had begun trying to fix, or resolve, an imperfect document, but they ended up fixing, or cementing, a very particular notion of the Constitution as a distinctively textual and historical artifact circumscribed in space and time. A scholar of early American political culture, he has written several articles on early constitutional history and modern constitutional theory and interpretation that speak to current political concerns. See All Customer Reviews.
Shop Books. Read an excerpt of this book! Add to Wishlist.
- The Two Biblical Stories of Creation.
- The Creation Of The Iroquois Creation Story!
- The Best of CaféLit 2012.
- The Second Creation: Fixing the American Constitution in the Founding Era.
- Helpful Resources.
- Uncle Ernie Stubs Loves Golf?
USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Average Review. Write a Review. Related Searches. In the growing and dynamic economy of nineteenth-century America, businesses sold vast quantities of goods In the growing and dynamic economy of nineteenth-century America, businesses sold vast quantities of goods to one another, mostly on credit.